Whether your company is closed this week or you’ve opted for a staycation in Charlotte on your own, Charlotte’s got a lot going on during the week between Christmas and New Year’s. Here’s just a sampling!
- If you’re a sports fan, you have three opportunities to check out the Hornets at Time Warner Cable Arena – versus the Memphis Grizzlies on the 26th, versus the LA Lakers on the 28th, and versus the LA Clippers on the 30th. While you’re Uptown, don’t miss out on eating at at least one of the great restaurants found in the area!
- Love the theatre? Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte in Second Ward is presenting “The Great American Trailer Park Musical” through the 27th. And Blumenthal Performing Arts is bringing back “Kinky Boots” December 29th through January 3rd at the Belk Theater in Fourth Ward. “The Hip Hop Nutcraker” is also playing the 29th through the 3rd at the Blumenthal’s Booth Playhouse.
- Looking for something for the little ones while they’re out of school? Caroline Calouche & Co. is offering a winter camp December 28th through 31st. From 9am to 4pm, kids ages 6 to 10 can enjoy classes in Contemporary, Ballet, Jazz, Improvisation, Choreography, Partnering, Hip-Hop, Aerial Sling, and Trapeze.
- For the science lovers out there, the Body Worlds & The Cycle of Life exhibition is ongoing at Discovery Place. See the body throughout the human life cycle and across the arc of aging…from the inside!
- If you’re one of those folks that can never get enough Halloween, you’re in luck, too! Queen City Ghost Tours offers walking and driving tours year-round. There’s a four passenger minimum for walking tours and an eight passenger minimum for driving tours. So get a group together and contact them to request your tour date!
No matter how you choose to spend your down time in Charlotte during this holiday season, I hope it’s a great one for you! Stay safe and have fun!