No matter whether you’re a procrastinator or just considering your options, if you don’t have your plans for the 4th, here are some ideas for you…
- If you’re into running, the 4th Annual Firecracker 5K and Family Fun Run benefiting Olde Providence Elementary is tonight at 7pm. The course is a rolling loop around the Olde Providence neighborhood. After the race, the fun continues with a pool party, music, food and drinks.
- The US National Whitewater Center’s Annual 4th of July Festival will take place today and tomorrow. The event is free and open to the public both days, and it will feature live music, fun and games, and an awesome fireworks display! Check their website for the full schedule.
- The Charlotte Knights will take on the Norfolk Tides at BB&T Ballpark at 7pm tomorrow. After what’s sure to be an amazing game, the annual Skyshow 2014 Fireworks Spectacular presented by BB&T and news Talk 1110 WBT will happen over uptown Charlotte. If you miss the Knights game on the 4th, they’re taking on the Tides on the 5th at 7pm, too!
- Are you a live music fan? Check out the NoDa Summer MusicFest on July 4th and 5th! The Chop Shop in NoDa will host performances both days; Snug Harbor will also be hosting performances on the 5th. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. You can check out the full list of performers on their website.
- Carowinds is having its annual Military Days on July 4th and 5th as well. Free park admission will be offered to any active, inactive or retired United States Service men and women with a valid military I.D.
Hope you have an awesome few days celebrating the 4th of July and our nation’s independence. No matter how you choose to celebrate, be sure to stay safe and celebrate responsibly. Have a great time!