If you’ve been a reader of my blog for a while, you know that I love my wine and I love good food. So what better topic for me to visit than the Charlotte Wine and Food Weekend?
This year’s festival will be held April 27th through 30th. The festival is comprised of more than 30 events, from wine tastings to private in-home dinners. Leading wine makers and chefs from around the world come together to celebrate great wine and food, while the event makes significant contributions to charitable organizations that benefit children and their families in the Charlotte community.
Events of in the 2016 festival include:
- Charlotte’s Largest Dinner Party – 16 of Charlotte’s top dining venues will pair with a winemaker to create a multi-course dinner.
- Grand Tasting Tent Session #1: Friday, 2 to 4pm at Romare Bearden Park, Upper Oval – walk-about tastings, featuring wineries, local craft breweries, chefs and demonstrations.
- Great All-American Tasting: Friday, 2 to 4pm at Ruth’s Chris Uptown – A seminar-style premier tasting featuring the best wines from around the US.
- Grand Gala & Auction: Friday, 6 to 10pm at Romare Bearden Park, Upper Oval – This evening event will entail a champagne reception; a silent auction; a multi-course dinner prepared by Porcupine Provisions and celebrity guest chefs, paired with the Weekend’s best wines; and a live auction where all proceeds are donated directly to the festival’s chosen five children’s charities. After the wine and auction festivities, you’ll be right in place to enjoy the Knights Stadium fireworks!
- 1,000 Point Tasting: Saturday, 10am to noon at Ruth’s Chris Uptown – A seminar-style premier tasting featuring ten 100-point rated wines.
- Grand Tasting Tent Session #2: Saturday, 1 to 3pm at Romare Bearden Park, Upper Oval – walk-about tastings, featuring wineries, local craft breweries, chefs and demonstrations.
- Spire Collection Tasting: Saturday, 2 to 4pm at Ruth’s Chris Uptown – A seminar-style premier tasting featuring their most sought-after and limited production wines from Lokoya and Cardinale.
So grab your friends and grab your event tickets and get ready for a really great time!