Procrastination. Indecision. Waiting for others to decide. No matter how you got here, it’s July 2nd, and you’ve just realized you haven’t made solid plans for the 4th. If that describes you – or if you’re just not 100% sold on the plans you’ve made – here are a few ideas for spending July 4th in Charlotte.
- Looking to hang around Uptown? Howl at the Moon is having their Red, White & Brew Bash on July 3rd featuring drink specials and an All-American buffet feast. On the 4th, the Epicentre is hosting the Red, White & Brew Bar Crawl craft brews, free cover, T-shirt included & discounts at participating EpiCentre bars, including Blackfinn, Whisky River, Strike City, Rooftop 210, Vida, Vida Vida, Suite and Bubble.
- Team USA will take on Team Cuba at BB&T Ballpark at 6:05pm on the 4th. After what’s sure to be an amazing game, the annual WBT Skyshow Fireworks Spectacular will happen over uptown Charlotte.
- Love good wine and spirits? Wine Me Down has two tours for you this weekend leaving from Metropolitan. The first is on the 3rd, leaving at 1pm and stopping at two wineries and a whiskey distillery. The other is on the 4th, leaving at 10:30am. This one includes stops at three wineries and a picnic lunch.
- Headed for SouthEnd? Sycamore Brewing is having live music starting at 2pm on the 4th, as well as the Hot Box food truck on site.
- Combine SouthPark and the Charlotte Symphony, and you get Pops in the Park. On July 3rd, the show will feature all the patriotic favorites–“America the Beautiful,” “God Bless America,” and more, as well as a “Back to the Fifties” medley and some of Michael Jackson’s greatest hits. Plus, you’ll get fireworks after the show!
- Want to fit in some fitness? Check out Run For Your Life’s American 4-Miler in Dilworth. You’ll run four miles then enjoy breakfast at Famous Toastery!
- Plaza Midwood’s 15th Annual 4th of July Pig Pickin’ is sure to be a good time…as usual. Live music, vendors, and special menus at the neighborhood’s restaurants are highlights of the event.
- The US National Whitewater Center’s Annual 4th of July Festival will take place July 3rd and 4th. The event is free (though VIP tickets are available for $45) and it’s open to the public both days, and it will feature live music, fun and games, and an awesome fireworks display! Check their website for the full schedule.
- This one’s a bit out of my usual stomping grounds, but because the military holds a place near and dear to my heart…Carowinds is having its annual Military Days on July 3rd through 5th as well. Free park admission will be offered to any active, inactive or retired United States Service men and women with a valid military I.D. Carowinds will also put on a fireworks display starting at 10pm on the 4th.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, please stay safe and celebrate responsibly. Hope you have a great July 4th!
July 2, 2015
Categories:Charlotte Events, Charlotte Neighborhoods, Dilworth, Downtown Charlotte, Plaza Midwood, Savvy + Co. Real Estate, Savvy eNews, SouthEnd, SouthPark, Things to Do in Charlotte