Did you know that April is Craft Brew Month in North Carolina? And with the weather getting warmer, what’s a better way to celebrate than to enjoy that beer outside? To help us figure that out, last week Charlotte Five brought us the top 10 places in Charlotte to do just that! Here’s the run-down…
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery – This is one of my perennial favorites, and it’s been mentioned in my blog on multiple occasions. And it recently won the prize as the country’s best brewery tour, so be sure to dive into one of their tours while you’re there!
- Pump House Biergarten – Located at the US National Whitewater Center, this is one spot that can’t be beat. The biergarten is actually on an island in the middle of the whitewater, and they serve up to 60 beers on tap. Talk about choices!
- Mac’s Speed Shop – At the original location in SouthEnd, you’ll find roadside picnic tables and hundreds of beers to choose from. And that’s not even mentioning the barbecue they’re known for!
- JJ’s Red Hots – This spot’s original location is on East Blvd in Dilworth. And it’s this location where you’ll find a sweet rooftop to enjoy one of the craft beers they have on tap. One thing to note: the craft beers on tap rotate, so they may not always have the same choices for you. But you can bet you’ll find some great beers, no matter what.
- Sycamore Brewing – This is yet another spot that’s been mentioned here more than once. It’s one of the newer breweries in SouthEnd, but it’s already becoming well known for it’s 28 taps, available food truck fare and live music.
- VBGB Beer Hall and Garden – Games like volleyball, ping pong and cornhole? Check. Beer sizes from 12 ounces to pitchers? Check. Thirty beer taps that change every week. Check. I’m not sure what more you could ask for in a spot to enjoy your beer. Check it out at the NC Music Factory!
- BB&T Ballpark – Like I mentioned a couple weeks ago, the home of the Charlotte Knights has added a new beer garden to go with great games and an amazing view of the Queen City’s skyline.
- Common Market South End – This patio is described as funky and fun – two of my favorite words! They have beer on tap, or you can grab one from their refrigerated section. And if you have wine-loving friends that’ll be joining you, they can be accommodated here, too. (Though it’s not mentioned in the Charlotte Five article, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that the outdoor area of the Common Market in Plaza Midwood is just as fun and funky and offers some awesome people watching!)
- The Pizza Peel & Taproom in Plaza Midwood – This spot is at the corner of Central and Thomas. It has a side yard with games like disc golf and cornhole, plus a dog-friendly patio, all where you can partake in one of the 30 cold beers they have on tap.
- Dilworth’s Grill and Taphouse in Ballantyne – Now, this spot is a little out of my niche. But it’s a great spot, nonetheless! The patio is covered and offers soft seating, a great beer list, and an excellent place to settle in for the afternoon.
So there’s the Charlotte Five list. What are your favorite places to hunker down for some brews and some outdoor time?
Image: sakhorn38 on FreeDigitalPhotos.net