As 2016 closes and 2017 looms large, many of us are making resolutions. From getting fit to quitting a bad habit, lots of our resolutions will focus on ourselves. So I’d like to present to you some Charlotte-based 2017 resolutions you should also make!
- Dive in to all the deliciousness on this Charlotte Five list of indulgences.
- Stuff your face at one of the many new restaurants coming to Charlotte.
- Buy local produce and wares at the whole host of farmers’ markets in the area.
- Sample some of the great brews coming out of Charlotte breweries.
- Spend time getting to know Charlotte neighborhoods better. Did you know NoDa has a year-round farmers’ market on Saturday mornings and some amazing restaurants? Have you checked out the changes going on around Atherton Mill and Market in SouthEnd?
- Attend one of the festive parades in uptown Charlotte. You can choose from the Martin Luther King Holiday Parade, St Patrick’s Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and more!
- Dig in to the Charlotte Arts Scene. Between the awesome museums here, the Blumenthal Performing Arts series bringing in touring shows, and the local theatre companies, you’re missing out if you’re not taking part.
- Head out to Festival in the Park in September.
- Take part in Yard Art Day on Labor Day.
- Shop local on Small Business Saturday, which falls on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Not sure where to go? Check out my past posts on the topic.
- Get tickets to the annual Holiday Home Tour in Fourth Ward.
This is just a sampling of the amazing things Charlotte has to offer through the year and that you can resolve to do. Have I missed your favorite thing about Charlotte, something others should resolve to do? Let me know!
December 29, 2016
Categories:Charlotte Arts, Charlotte Events, Charlotte Neighborhoods, Downtown Charlotte, Farmers' Markets, Festivals, First Ward, NoDa, Savvy + Co. Real Estate, Savvy eNews, SouthEnd, Things to Do in Charlotte, Walkable Neighborhoods