If you’re spending July 4th in Charlotte but don’t know HOW you’ll be spending it, here are a few ideas for you:
- On July 3rd from 4pm to 10pm, be sure to find yourself at Plaza Midwood’s 16th Annual 4th of July Pig Pickin’! Live music, vendors, and special menus at the neighborhood’s restaurants are always highlights of the event. But this year, the event will be dedicated to raising money to creating the Plaza Midwood Business District historic designation. You can help by donating the to the GoFundMe page and/or contributing to donation jars at the event.
- Combine SouthPark and the Charlotte Symphony, and you get Pops in the Park. On July 1st, the show’s theme is “Celebrate America.” Gates open at 5pm, prelude performances begin at 7pm, and the Charlotte Symphony performs at 8:15pm. Tickets are $16. And as an added bonus, you’ll get fireworks after the show!
- Looking to hang around Uptown? You can enjoy the SkyShow Street Party, from 2pm to 10pm on the 4th. It will take place from Mint Street to MLK Boulevard, in front of BB&T Ballpark. There will be live music from 3pm to 9pm, including the band PUSHH. Kids can get a wristband that will allow them to climb, slide, and bounce.
- In addition, for the third year, SkyShow will take place at BB&T Ballpark. This time the 6:05pm baseball game will feature the Charlotte Knights vs. the Pawtucket Red Sox, and the fireworks show will follow the game. If you want to see the fireworks but don’t plan on going to the game, the best place to watch them from is Romare Bearden Park. You’ll want to get there early to grab your spot!
- The US National Whitewater Center’s Annual 4th of July Festival will take place July 3rd and 4th. The event is free (though VIP tickets are available for $45) and it’s open to the public both days, and it will feature live music, fun and games, and an awesome fireworks display! Check their website for the full schedule.
- Carowinds is having its annual Military Days on July 2nd through 4th. Free park admission will be offered to any active, inactive or retired United States Service men and women with a valid military I.D. Carowinds will also put on a fireworks display starting at 10pm on Sunday, July 3rd, and Monday, July 4th.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, please stay safe and celebrate responsibly. Hope you have a great July 4th weekend!