Summer screams “fresh food” to me. And there are few cuisines that scream “fresh” like Mediterranean and Middle Eastern. So here’s a list of great spots to find Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Food in Charlotte.
- Yafo Kitchen – This new Mediterranean food hot spot just opened in SouthPark, in the same shopping center as Earth Fare. The user experience is much like Chipotle, and the ingredients are fresher than fresh.
- Kebab Je – Located in Sycamore Commons in Matthews, this is a must-try for Lebanese food. The price point is extremely reasonable, especially for the portion size.
- Zoe’s Kitchen – Granted, this is a chain. But the tried-and-true menu serves up tasty Mediterranean at all locations. And with six locations in the greater Charlotte area, chances are you’ll be able to find one near you.
- Zeitouni Mediterranean Grill – Located in the same shopping center as the Ballantyne Earth Fare, the deliciousness served up here is worth a visit.
- Ilios Noche – If you’re looking for Mediterranean food in a bit more of an upscale setting, head here. They have two locations – one at Providence near 485 and one in Quail Corners.
- La Shish Kebob – Their website bills them as “the best Middle Eastern foods in Charlotte and surrounded area.” That alone makes me think you should try this Sheffield Park staple!
- Ajbani – This Moroccan food spot opened last year on Central Avenue, near the intersection of Plaza Midwood and Plaza Shamrock/Shamrock Gardens. It’s mainly takeout, as there are only two small tables inside and two small tables outside. But the prices are awesome and the food is even better!
- Kid Cashew – This is another new spot; this one’s located in Dilworth. The menu is a little less traditional, and the cocktails are amazing, which make this a must-try, too.
- Kabob Grill – This is another staple in the Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food choice list in Charlotte. They have two locations – one on East Blvd (where Dilworth and Sedgefield meet) and one in Stonecrest. Their menus feature delicious traditional Mediterranean fare and also include some nice lunch specials.
No matter the neighborhood you’re in, you’re sure to find delicious Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food in Charlotte. Do you have a favorite spot that I missed? Let me know about it! I’m always down for new spots for great food!