This weekend, the BOOM arts showcase hits Charlotte. And it’s gonna be a BIG hit!
BOOM is Charlotte’s first artist- and community-led showcase of contemporary performance and visual art. Things kick off tonight, April 7th, with Pecha Kucha 15 at The Rabbit Hole. As the website says: “Pecha Kucha is a unique show-and-tell event where local creatives from all disciplines present 20 slides for 20 seconds each – an exhilarating kaleidoscope of inspirations, ideas and work.”
The fun continues tomorrow through Sunday, April 10th. All of the event spots, listed below, are located in Plaza Midwood.
- BOOM Intersection Stage – 1920 Commonwealth Ave
- Petra’s – 1919 Commonwealth Ave (admission age 21+)
- Open Door Studios and Yoga One – 1318 Central Ave
- Snug Harbor – 1228 Gordon St (age 18+, extra $5 door charge for those 18-20)
- Okra – 1912 Commonwealth Ave
- Rabbit Hole – 1801 Commonwealth Ave
BOOM events run the gamut of the arts. From meditation and art installations to music, dance and theater/spoken word performances, there’s truly something for everyone. A complete schedule of events can be found on the BOOM website schedule page.
With so much to do and see, BOOM is definitely an event you don’t want to miss! So get out to Plaza Midwood this weekend, support the arts and have a blast!